Thursday, June 29, 2023

Esther Phillips - Georgia Rose 1973 tv

After a 5 month wait I am happy to say the Post Office found this waiting for me! A package containing Esther's Kudu Anthology and A beautiful Friendship and also the Black Eyed Blues and Capricorn Princess! 48 tracks in total. The liner notes are 13 pages of beautifully written details of how the songs came to be and many personal memories of Esther by David Nathan. He says she has a voice like honey and vinegar which is an acquired taste. Didn't need any acquiring for me! The moment I first heard her I was an absolute fan! Here's a song, done live here, from her years at Kudu Records, which was a period of great growth as an artist for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Day I'll Fly Away - Vesta Williams (1984)

Vesta again with a song that is strongly associated with Randy Crawford. Written by Joe Sample. This is a great version!